Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm BACK!

I'm back, and not just back in the blogging sense. I feel like I'm hitting my stride again. I don't know what's been with me the last few months, but it hasn't been good. After Alex was born, life didn't really change much. But somewhere in Jan/Feb, I started floundering. Big time. I have been forgetful, extra lazy (which is saying something) and my depression started creeping back in on me. Yes. I said it. Depression. Me. Yup, you read correctly. But as I've been fighting it back, it's only been the last week or two that I've started winning the battle again.

My house is actually clean. Most of the time even. Well, the basics are done, but I've been hitting the extras, like clutter and all that stuff that builds up, and it's all slowly shaping up. It feels so good. I like when I'm productive. I like ME a lot more when I'm productive. And that makes a world of difference.

I went for my very first outside, no-treadmill-in-sight, run the other day, too. It felt so so so good. I probably only did a little more than a mile, but it's a pretty good start, I'd say. And I was so crabby before I left, and afterward I was in a much better mood. Everybody wins! Now if I could just find a way to eat less, maybe I would start to like what I see in the mirror. *ugh* Though I really love my new snazzy haircut. Little things like that go a long way in making this crazy lady feel better.

So, here's to being more productive, feeling better, and just living life.

And thanks to Karissa for reminding me that I need to get back to this journal/blog thingy. I've been meaning to, but she's the reason I'm actually doing.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am glad you are back. I maybe never sent a PM, but I wondered about you and missed you.
Depression sucks and I am glad you are fighting back. LOVE YOU!