Saturday, October 10, 2009

Traits I have passed on...

I can't help but notice the traits that I have unknowingly passed on to my children. With some of them, I can't help but wonder why God would decide these traits are worth passing on, but I'm sure He has his reasons... ;)

Isabel has inherited my ability to completely ignore the world around her. She can walk around completely unconcerned with what people might be thinking, lost in her own super-fun world made up of only things that make her happy and content. I was exactly like that as a child (okay, so maybe I am still a little oblivious to the world around me) ***Funny story: When I was about Isabel's age, I went running into our house crying because everyone had gone inside without me. I had been out there, by myself in my own little world, for more than an hour after the others left. That explains a lot, doesn't it?*** She has a very goofy sense of humor, that quite often only she understands. Oh, and have I mentioned her very short temper? Though I'm sure that one comes from Dave... right?

Nathan is umm, well... competitive, though that doesn't quite cover it. I am veeeeeery competitive. VERY. And we both love all sports. Fortunatly, Nathan is even more athletically inclined than I ever was, and I did okay. I mean, I did get a few offers to play softball in college.

And poor Alex inherited my laziness. Seriously. Granted we ARE both 3rd children, which does explain some of it. But we were playing the "so big" game. He loves it, as most kids do. But he's so lazy he does it with one hand. *rolling eyes* Seriously. And he has only in the last couple of weeks (he's almost one people) been able to drink out of a sippy cup on his own. He wouldn't even pick it up for the longest time, and then when he did he wouldn't tip it. Isabel could drink out of one on her own when she was like 6 mo. at the LATEST. Lazy dude. Lazy. I am curious to see what else he has inherited from me, though it may be a while.

Sadly, not one of them has inherited my left-handedness. I had hopes for Alex, but they're getting squashed more by the day. *sigh*

No comments: